Wednesday 14 June 2017

Post 7: A web site

One of my favorite websites is Petrucci Music Library, the link is http://www.imslp.org/. I usually use this web site because it has an extensive database of information relating to music scores. It have works, composers, performers and recordings.

The main page of IMSLP have different sections where you can search by composer name, nationality, time period, instrumentation and genre.

I think it is very necessary for my career and for the musician because all the pieces that we have to play in the instruments classes, the homework for the theory classes or the full scores that we need for the orchestra we can find it and download in the webpage.

I use this page at list two to three times a week. Currently I have to playing the second Beethoven sonata and the Boccherini cello concert and I am using the piano full score of both pieces and it were download from the page.

I consider that this library is very complete and was an excellent idea and work.

I hope you like this post!!

3 comments:


  1. It's a great page! Useful for the student and the music professional. A great virtual library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful page, always saves from shortage of scores!!

    ReplyDelete